Enterprise Architecture (EA) identifies solutions to satisfy academic and administrative objectives. EA minimizes purchase, development, deployment and operational costs by emphasizing re-use of existing systems, or choice of scalable new systems that are flexible enough to be extended to meet the needs of a variety of departments and divisions.
In achieving its goals, EA does the following:
- Inform and enable IT governance
- Provide standards, principles and guidelines to the IT project portfolio
- Facilitate, lower cost, and address scalability for IT integration projects
- Promote and enable process agility using Services Oriented Architecture
- Enable and illustrate IT communications and transparency
- Guide and enable cost management and consolidation