IT Student Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
The purpose of this committee is to serve as a consultative body for the University of Toronto’s Chief Information Officer and function as a component of the University’s governance structure for Information Technology Services.
The committee will:
- provide advice on information technology matters specifically related to the delivery of IT programs and services for students.
- provide a forum for positive dialogue between students and IT service providers on the needs and expectations for IT services that will enhance the quality of the student experience.
- upon request, provide feedback on new or potential services and technologies.
- produce an annual report for the Office of the CIO and other senior IT management groups outlining the student perspective on existing campus information services and technologies.
|ITS- Student Group
||Number of Representatives
|University of Toronto Student Union
|Scarborough Students Union
|Students’ Law Society
Members are expected to have the authority and responsibility to act on behalf of the constituent groups they represent and to involve those constituents to ensure effective communication and representation within UofT IT Student Advisory Committee. Members are also expected to take a broad, inclusive perspective for both their constituent group and the University as a whole. Members are expected to liaise with other individuals and groups to bring broader perspectives where doing so can better inform the deliberations of the committee.
- Terms for students shall be 1 or 2 years. Ideally, some members of the committee will hold the longer, two year terms to provide continuity.
- ITS will approach the various constituent groups to identify members
- Chair and Vice Chair
- appointed by ITS (will be staff)
- responsible for facilitating the meetings and ensuring an agenda is established, based on the committee recommendations.
- ownership of meeting logistics and generating the final report, based on input from the committee
Meetings will be organized monthly, when possible, during the Fall and Winter semesters. Dates for meetings will be established before the Fall semester.
- QUORUM – A quorum shall at all times consist of a majority of the members. All questions shall be resolved by a simple majority of the members present.
- MINUTES – Minutes will be taken by a staff member of ITS at all meetings and will include a summary of the major issues discussed. These will be posted on the web and used to help develop the final report.
An annual report will be produced by the advisory committee after the last meeting of the Winter semester. The IT Student Advisory Committee Chair(s) will be responsible for providing the report to all areas of IT on campus that were discussed by the committee. ITS management, with input from other IT service management from across campus, will provide an official response to the report in time for the Fall semester.
- November 22, 2017, 12-2PM
- January 17, 2018, 11-1PM
- February 2018 – TBD
- March 2018 – TBD