- Academic Technology Reference Group (ATRG)
- Advisory Committee on Enterprise Information Technology (ACE-IT)
- Call for Agenda
- Enterprise IT Update Committee (EITU)
- Faculty & Staff e-Communications Consultation
- Information Security Council (ISC)
- IT Student Advisory Committee
- Next Generation Enterprise Web Services Advisory Group
- Policy on Information Security and the Protection of Digital Assets
- Student e-Communications Consultation
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Advisory Committee
- Toolbox End-User Support Team (T.E.S.T.)
Faculty & Staff e-Communications Consultation
Since the summer of 2012, over 130,000 students and alumni have successfully migrated to a suite of e-communications and collaboration services offered by the University in partnership with Microsoft Canada. The institutional tools available to most faculty and staff now lag far behind those services. At the direction of the provost, Information and Technology Services has undertaken investigation of extending such Microsoft-based services to our full community. As part of the extensive consultation that is underway, a committee of faculty and staff voices has been established.
Terms of Reference:
- To identify core expectations for enhanced faculty and staff e-communications services.
- To identify obligations and concerns in matters such as the protection of privacy and information security, and review the adequacy of proposed service arrangements.
- To recommend any variation in service provisioning required to satisfy the range of academic and administrative activities of faculty and staff
- To review the viability and adequacy of implementation plans.
- To recommend future directions for e-communications services that reflect changing academic and co-curricular needs, enhanced student experience, and administrative requirements.
Reports & Reference Materials:
New reports available as of September 11th, 2014.
Please refer to this section to view the reports released over the period of the consultation process with Faculty and Staff.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The following questions about the proposed project on faculty and staff e-communications were gathered from the tri-campus town hall meetings, departmental consultations, multiple committee meetings, and feedback received via the proposed project Web site.
Committee Meeting Dates:
- April 5th, 2013
- May 30th, 2013
- June 21st, 2013
- September 6, 2013
- October 25, 2013
The following individuals have generously offered to participate in the consultation:
Mike Luke (Committee Chair), Chair, Department of Physics
Kelly Lyons, Professor, Faculty of Information
Cynthia Messenger, Senior Lecturer and Director Writing and Rhetoric Program, Innis College (until June 30, 2013)
Hugh Gunz, Professor of Organizational Behaviour and HR Management, Department of Management, UTM
Lisa Austin, Associate Professor, Centre for Innovation and Policy, Faculty of Law
Corey Goldman, Senior Lecturer, Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Associate Chair (Undergraduate Studies)
Don Boyes, Senior Lecturer, Department of Geography
Erin Jackson, Director, Central Administrative Human Resources
Helen Lasthiotakis, Assistant Dean & Director, Office of the Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science
Zoran Piljevic, Director, IITS, UTSC
Rosanne Lopers-Sweetman, CAO, Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
Wes Robertson, Director, Discovery Commons, Faculty of Medicine
Robert Cook, Chief Information Officer
Marden Paul, PGASP and Project Director, ITS
Martin Loeffler, Director, Information Security and Enterprise Architecture, ITS
Jeremy Graham, Operations Manager, Academic and Collaborative Technologies, ITS